BECOME A FACILITATOR OF THE GROOVE METHOD®
and inspire the world to groove!
Share the joy of dance and freedom of movement with your community, become a Facilitator of The Groove Method®!
We offer certification training weekends in The Groove Method® for both Adult and Kids programs.
Courses vary from 18 – 26 hours, typically over a weekend (Friday-Sunday/Monday) hosted in various locations around the world.
Groove trainings are led by Misty’s powerhouse Master Teacher Team, all of whom have been grooving for a number of years,
growing the movement in their own communities.
They are International Presenters and inspiring teachers who live the Groove philosophy – you will love them!
GROOVE IS FOR EVERYBODY
If you can move, you can groove!
- Your entry point as a Groove Facilitator is with one of our principal courses in Adults and/or Kids programs.
- Courses vary from 18 – 26 hours, typically over a weekend (Friday-Sunday/Monday) hosted in various locations around the world, packed with delicious feel-good movement, inspiring conversation around authentic expression, community and self-care.
- You will learn how to integrate our powerful principles of permission that make this dance experience uniquely magical and help others free their minds and dance their dance.
- The weekend training is just the beginning of your Groove facilitator journey. Once you complete the course, you will go out and practice, practice, practice! The real learning happens through doing. Typically it takes trainees 3 months to complete the follow-up work, which includes 6-9 practice classes.
- Included in your course fees are 3 months access to our online resources packed with video tutorials, coaching guides, sample playlists, marketing material and a supportive international online community where you can ask questions and share experiences.
- You do not need any previous dance experience to teach Groove as we are not dance teachers, but guides and leaders in movement experiences. However, you do need to connect to simple rhythms and feel comfortable demonstrating a variety of styles.
- We call ourselves “Facilitators” as we coach off what we observe at the moment and encourage participants to find their unique expression while being unified as a group. This type of intuitive teaching is a skill that requires lots of practice and you may go through a little bit of a learning curve even if you’ve had previous traditional teaching experience. Trust the process and know that we will help you along the way.
- We proudly offer two signature dance experiences catered to adults and children. Both Adults and Kids programs are mindful movement experiences that strengthen body awareness and work on skills such as balance, flexibility, agility, strength, and cardio.
- When we Groove, we build rhythm connection to a variety of styles of music, explore creativity, ignite our critical thinking and play with imagination and self-expression. This builds confidence and community through the act of being courageous and vulnerable with others. Our two signature programs nurture physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
- Although they are fundamentally the same, there are slight differences in the experiences. The adult experience flows from deliciously meditative to dance your heart out, shake your booty kind of vibe. Whereas, the kid’s program is much more upbeat, activity based and focuses on building fundamental movement skills while fostering imagination and play. Both experiences end with stillness and breathing exercises.
- Once you’ve completed the weekend training and certification process to become a licensed Groove Facilitator you can continue your Groove journey with additional courses for areas of specialization.
- The Groove Designer training is a weekend course led by Misty Tripoli where you’ll learn how to create the perfect Groove move and explore your own music to bring to your classes and share with other Facilitators. A powerfully creative, connected and educational weekend with other experienced Groove Designers.
- Young At Heart developed with seniors for seniors! Yvonne and Roger Puckett are the dynamic duos from NYC passionate about making dance accessible to everyone, regardless of age or ability. With Misty Tripoli, they co-created the Young At Heart online enrichment program, to produce the most playful, creative and fun dance experience for older adults. This thoughtfully designed class offers a variety of modifications and considerations for the needs of this demographic and is mostly seated.
- Take your Groove to the next level! Body Groove Fit is a revolutionary dance fitness experience created specifically to get you SUPER FIT in mind, body, heart and soul. Developed by Misty Tripoli and Master Trainer Heather Winia Body Groove Fit is an online enrichment program masterfully crafted infusing 14 functionally intelligent fitness practices. The perfect dance experience for fitness centers.